Saturday, April 12, 2008

Connye's Back

Yesterday afternoon completed my 26th treatment. Only 19 to go. If there are no machine problems I am on target for finishing treatment May 8. Realistically I expect to be finished the following week. Time is just flying by.

Yesterday Connye returned from her two week hiatus back home to visit with friends from England and to take care of house business.

Not much to report except treatment is going well with no side effects of any consequence. There is one minor effect which most of us feel. The proton beam does affect the prostate and hence the urethra and possibly the neck of the bladder. The effect is to make it a little more difficult to urinate because of inflamation. In my case I seem to be fine with just taking Advil. some have had to take stronger solutions such as Flowmax.

1 comment:

jongates said...

Peter,
I am just catching up with you on the detailed trail you are blazing. Your exploration and story line are so compelling. You are an excellent writer by the way, which casts the web even wider.

March-April was a very profound period for me as suddenly 6 of my friends have all encountered some form of a cancer battle. Geographically dispersed - CA, WA, CO, NY - and battling all forms - cervical, neck, lung, prostrate, bone - I am being drawn deeper and deeper into the real problems that we can encounter.

I love your sense of exploration, learning and adventure as you engage this challenge. And am really in awe of the optimism. I'll pass your writings along to my other friends who are fighting their own battles at this time ... thank you for the messages ... I look forward to seeing you soon. My best wishes to you and Connye.

Sorry to have missed you in Colorado in March ... we'll find another ski day in the future.

Cheers,
Jon